Thursday 24 April 2014

Misty Eyes - 21.04.2014

Hi,

Few days ago I was looking at mysterious paintings and pictures, but unfortunately I realised that there aren't as many as I was hoping to find. So after a couple of hours of searching I decided to make my own painting!


Obviously I had a weird idea... I decided to paint a canvas black and then add light using a sock and white paint... And surprisingly it worked! The lights turned out looking very natural and even some random tree shapes and bushes to the painting :D (I had refine them later, but the shapes were already there waiting for me to work with them).


After that, I added some basis trees and then some more trees.. Because trees need their tree friends too.. Even the creepy trees:)


Originally I was planning to add some colour to it, like some lilac flowers for example, but then I changed my mind and decided to make it a black and white painting.. 


It is a bit strange and a bit creepy.. But that was the whole point of it :)


So without further ado, here are the stages of the painting and the final outcome:

                           


Final:                                                                   


              Stage 1:                                  

              Stage 2:      






This is an acrylic painting done entirely using Mars black (Galeria) and Titanium white (Finity range), both from Winsor and Newton :)


Everyone I've spoken to really likes this painting so I decided to make a series in this theme :)


It will be called "Mars black

(yup, creative name as always :')

This particular painting is called "Misty Eyes".


Thank you for reading :)



Lots of Love,

Marlena 

No comments:

Post a Comment