Sunday 6 April 2014

The Rose - 22.12.2011

So I thought the best thing to do is to start from the beginning. 
I'll show you a picture of the oldest painting I have in my room :D

This painting was actually an accident... I was painting something for my parents because I had no idea what to give them for Christmas.. and because I'm a really messy person - I'm an artist, duh!- I left an open white tube (the big one from Winsor and Newton) on the floor... and obviously I managed to step right into it! and I didn't even realise until I found white paint on my trousers (I was sitting on my leg).. and then I panicked and looked on the floor...


On my carpet there was now a huge white stain!!  I had no idea how to get rid of it, so I ran downstairs and got some vanish... In the end I managed to wash it off.. but what I was left with was a palette with a lot of white paint on it - the paint I managed to get off the carpet (there was a lot)!


So I decided to improvise, got one of my old paintings off the wall (some really bad seascape) and painted a rose over it.. not a realistic rose, but a very abstract one. This is probably my most abstract painting, but I still love it :D 


so here it is:


  


It's called ''The Rose'' (very creative, I know) and it was painted on the 22nd of December 2011.





Lots of Love,

Marlena 

No comments:

Post a Comment